We expect tutors to display the key competencies assessed during the interview process at all times. In addition:
- We expect our tutors to deliver tuition of the highest standards. We expect goals for each student to be set at the start of tuition and for these to be reviewed on a monthly basis.
- Where a date/time for a session has been agreed with a client, tutors are expected to honour this agreement.
- We expect our tutors to give a reasonable level of commitment and have the capacity to tutor for a minimum of 5 hours a week (either consecutively on one day at the weekend or spread throughout the week).
- Once a tutor has applied for a position, we expect them to hold their availability for seven days.
- We expect a minimum commitment of six months for a tuition position.
- Before applying for a role, it is the tutor’s responsibility to ensure that they are able to travel to the client’s location.
- Tutors must contact a new client by telephone within 24 hours of being sent client contact details, and only email if they are unable to get through.
- We expect Tutors to notify Owl Tutors once the date and time of an initial meeting have been confirmed with the client. We expect the tutor to follow up with Owl Tutors after the first lesson
- Once tuition has begun, we expect tutors to maintain consistent contact with the client, responding to any queries promptly and in a professional manor.
- If a tutoring engagement will no longer be continuing (either because the client has decided to stop or the tutor can no longer meet their requirements), the tutor is expected to inform Owl Tutors at the earliest possible time.
- Tutors are expected to update Owl Tutors of any changes in circumstance. This includes new home address, new contact details or increased demands on time that might impact the quality/quantity of tuition they are able to provide.
- We expect tutors to be easily contactable and to check their emails at least once a day. The quicker we can advise a prospective client of a tutor’s availability, the more likely we are to secure work for that tutor.
- All tutors are expected to complete monthly reports for each student alongside their timesheets. These must be submitted promptly by midnight on the last day of each month. Tutors will be paid on the 20th of each month for tuition completed in the previous month. However, the late submission of a timesheet can result in the tutor’s pay being delayed and can incur a penalty charge.
- Once an hourly rate has been agreed for a particular job, tutors are expected to honour this agreement. Owl Tutors is unable to increase an hourly rate once it has been negotiated with the client.
- The first session is a trial. If the client decides not to use an Owl Tutor beyond the first hour, we do not invoice them for it and the tutor will not be paid. Once a tutor is used beyond the first session, that first hour becomes billable and the tutor will be paid.
- Client confidentiality is essential and paramount. Please do not discuss your clients to other parties and always obtain permission from clients before approaching schools for information in relation to a student.
- We like to work with tutors that are a pleasure to work with.
Stay in touch
- The closer our tutors work with Owl Tutors, the more Owl Tutors can do for you! We expect tutors to keep us updated on their tutoring plans and the kind of work they are looking for.