7 Plus, 8 Plus, 11 Plus, 13 Plus, Other School Entrance & Maths
Gary is great. He makes maths so fun for our daughter.
Parent of online 11 Plus student (CLSG)
Gary joins Owl Tutors with 17 years’ teaching experience. He has taught pupils aged between 8 to 13 years in both a classroom setting and through private tuition. Most recently, Gary acted as Head of Mathematics at St George's School Windsor Castle (a role he held for 9 years). Prior to this he taught for 5 years within London, specialising in 11+ and 13+ mathematics, verbal and non-verbal reasoning. In this time, he helped students secure places at a large variety of schools in London.
Gary has a wealth of School entrance experience, and specific achievements of his students include:
- successful application to Eton
- achieving 1st place on King's Scholarship Roll (along with other students who achieved a King's scholarship award)
- Hampton (Common Academic Scholarship Entrance at 13+, Level 3 Common Entrance and 11+ Junior scholarship entrance)
- Wellington (Common Entrance)
- Merchants Taylors (13+)
- Haberdashers Aske (11+)
- Mill Hill (13+)
- Hampton (11+/12+ Entry papers)
- St Paul’s 11+/13+
- Sevenoaks 11+/13+
- City of London school for Girls
- Cheltenham Ladies College, academic scholarship preparation.
- Wycombe Abbey school for Girls 11+/13+ maths and reasoning.
He has also prepared students for 11+ entrance to independent and non-independent senior schools with regular success being achieved by the pupils.
Gary has experience of teaching pupils with SEN, including those with ADHD, and knows well how difficult school learning can be. Gary’s enthusiasm for Mathematics is transferred to every student he coaches. He will tailor his teaching method with each new student, building confidence and a sound understanding of maths that will benefit the students throughout their careers.
Gary holds a Master of Education and a Degree in Mathematics Education.
School entrance experience
Gary has worked with children aiming to attend the following schools: